Strength, stamina, and efficiency? Are you motivated and have a great work ethic? Then this job is for you! It uses a variety of skills manual labor skills, sales skills, and social skills, and excellent driving skills. Drivers need to have LICENSE either CDL CLASS B or CDL CLASS A or CLASS C with 5+ YEARS of DSD EXPERIENCE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct to store delivery (DSD) of company products. Full cycle includes loading the truck, delivering and stocking merchandise at each location, in a fast, friendly, customer service oriented industry.
- Work with a driver while on the route and help unload the product and stock merchandiser.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management
- Must be able to work Summer holidays( 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day) and work on Sundays if required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school education with the ability to read, write and do basic math.
- Having a driver license is a PLUS
- Must be available to work weekends, nights and holidays as required. Schedules can include days that are 10-12 hours long
- Must be able to lift and carry 60 + lbs., plus move dolly with an approximate weight of 500 lbs. Work is labor intensive and involves unloading PALLETS of BAGS of ICE and stocking them in a cooler at each customer site. Normally, a route involves 20 + stops per day.
- The ability to work outdoors in various types of weather as well as indoors in freezing ice vaults.
- Forklift experience is beneficial.
- Most importantly, an ability to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation and effectively interact with others. Must have good communications skills, a neat appearance, and be prompt.
THIS JOB REQUIRES EXPERIENCED ROUTE DRIVERS WITH EXPERIENCE MAKING DSD DELIVERIES AND SERVICING 25 + STOPS A DAY IN A 10 HOUR PERIOD. MUST HAVE STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF THE ROAD IN AND AROUND ATLANTA.
STARTING PAY RATE FOR ALL EXPERIENCE QUALIFIED DRIVERS WILL BE $13.00+
THIS POSITION IS SEASONAL BUT CAN QUALIFY TO BE FULL-TIME.