Macro Professionals has an active need for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer in the Atlanta, GA area. This is, ideally, a contract-to-hire opportunity, in which you will help support both our Federal and commercial clients.
- Drive cloud security engineering conversations for our enterprise IT and business IT teams in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS implementations. Actively assess existing Cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Participate as an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering Cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security practices within domain expertise.
- Engineer and implement new Cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of Cloud computing resources. Thoroughly understand DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations. Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Evaluate and respond to alerts and events from the security tools, including tuning of tool configuration to minimize false positives. Develop event response documentation and processes for Security Operations Center to follow and appropriate escalation protocol.
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation. Work with the Cloud Operations teams in the definition and implementation of security standards and best practices. Work with Senior Technical resources for mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate. Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional Preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Preferred
- Experience with configuration management tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible)
- Advanced experience with public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure); good understanding of SOC, Cloud operations, security, automation, and orchestration
- Experience with Linux/UNIX, Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP; familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems and applications within a secure, regulated environment; knowledge to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- DevOps and scripting skills in at least one language (other than Bash), ideally Python
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures; experience working with Cloud security and governance tools and server virtualization technologies
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver; strong communication skills