The HR Recruiter Intern is an internship program that works in coordination with all aspects of non-sales function within D-BAT Baseball & Softball Academy. The Human Resources Internship is a 3 – 5 month unpaid program applied towards college credits. The team members that are part of the Human Resources Internship will work with the Director of HR and Company Culture and our Internship Project Leader to work on real-life strategic projects in the area of HR. We believe in equipping interns with a wealth of resources and knowledge while challenging them with high level strategic projects. Our goal is to provide the best possible learning environment for someone who wants to learn a ton and have real like experience working in high-level leadership challenges. We will give you an experience that most do not encounter until 10-15 years into their career.
While this position will require typical business hours M-F 8am-5pm, this is a program that is focused on results and may require some additional work hours. Facilities are open until 9:00 pm during the week and every Saturday and Sunday. Based on current schedule needs, this role could be asked to work an occasional night or weekend. All schedules are subject to change.
This is an Human Resources department level internship with an award-winning company that is in growth mode. It can allow the right person to grow within this role and expand their skill sets for future opportunities and growth.
- Improving employee culture
- Assist in Projects to Improve the following HR functions
- New Organizational Structure
- Build Partnerships with Organizations for Pipelines of Talent
- Finding an Elite FT Baseball Lead for the Market
- Roles/ Responsibilities- Checklist Overhaul
- HR Interview Process Refinement (Screening, Hiring Manager, Expert & Leader)
- Develop Performance Reviews & Evaluation Process for Every Employee Type
- Building Relationships with Professional Sports/ Minor League Baseball, Colleges & High Schools in the area
- HR Process Improvement Automation (Integration with all 3rd party Systems, Automated Email Responses upon Application, Pipeline Mgmt.)
- Training Overhaul that Fits all Processes
- New Hire Training & Ongoing with new Hires
- Ongoing Training Requirement based upon Level & Years of Service- Feeds into Performance Review
Compensation / Credits:
This position is an unpaid internship that is designed to help with college credit. You can use this position for the college credit you need for an internship in your specific major. You will receive whatever credit needed to fulfill that internship requirement.
- Humble- Willingness to learn
- Hungry- A want to pursue excellent
- Smart- Great at relationships and aptitude to learn
- Passion- A passion for the HR function
- Aptitude- The ability to learn the HR function
- Growth- A desire to continually grow both personally and professionally while still having contentment
- Excellence- A constant and consistent pursuit toward EXCELLENCE in both little and big things
- Flexibility- ability to be flexible with responsibilities and task within a small business that is growing and maturing
- Passion- A contagious internal energy that attracts team members toward you and ignites them to be their very best self
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to detail and follow up with employees and owners