Job Summary: Responsible for producing parts using a CNC press brake to customer drawings, blueprints, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
- Hours: 40-hour week, Mon- Fri. Occasionally additional hours may be required. The customer’s needs are primary to all goals and concerns.
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology
- Conventional and precision measuring instruments
- Process inspection, certification, and documentation
- Adjust feeds and/or speeds.
- Change tools as needed.
- Press Brake equipment maintenance
- General safety and housekeeping duties
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to Supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimal supervision.
- Some travel required from time to time per customer demands
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Participate in Department training and meetings as appropriate
- Ability to read blue prints
- Read and follow company procedure manual and safety rules
- Cross training of other positions as needed for coverage
- Pull parts weekly from pick sheet for next week’s production
- Assist with inventory as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- CNC Machine operator experience preferred
- Mechanical ability
- Strong manual hand dexterity
- Must be able to pass a welding test
- The ability to work with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems
- The ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Good organizational skills. Motivated, outgoing, self-starter. Able to follow through on duties and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Maintain professional appearance/demeanor.
- Maintain positive attitude under stress
A 40-hour work week is expected, with additional overtime hours required based on workload. This position requires some standing, sitting, bending, twisting, squatting, stooping, climbing, and reaching overhead. This position requires constant lifting of 10-20 lbs, with occasional lifting up to 75 lbs. It requires manual dexterity, and normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical mental demands:
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action given the particular situation. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
Works in a shop setting. The area is temperature controlled. Noise levels vary depending on equipment assembling, but can be loud at times. Minimal travel required, less than 25%.
Steel toed boots/shoes and safety glasses required.
Major success measurements:
- Net Productivity
- On-time delivery