TWELVE CENTTENIAL PARK HOTEL
Atlanta, GA, 30308, US
Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled. Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
- Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Assists the laundry department by retrieving soiled linen from carts throughout the hotel, sorting laundry into correct size loads, utilizing industrial washers, dryers and pressers, folding and distributing the cleaned linen to storage closets and/or carts.
- Cleans patio/balcony areas by sweeping or hosing the floor and wiping down all furniture and fixtures, picking up garbage and cleaning patio/balcony doors and windows.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Must have vision ability to see minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas, and to read written instructions and computer print-outs.
- Must have upper body strength to lift up to 50lbs. continually throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Must have finger, hand and upper body dexterity to push, pull and move levers, equipment and furniture throughout 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to work with arms raised above head throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire work day.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess a minimum of 9th grade reading/writing skills.
- Basic residential cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor buffers and carpet cleaning equipment. Cleaning cart. Ladder/stepping stool. Commercial washers, dryers and pressers.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals on a continual basis.
- Prolonged strenuous physical activity in indoor climate-controlled environment. Heat and humidity in laundry.