Join Land O’Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America’s favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You’ll be joining a team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We’re looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food’s toughest challenges.
Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining plant processing, facility and support equipment. This position is critical to the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- 3rd Shift- 11:00pm – 7:30am
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Associate or Technical Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance
- Experience with Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- Industrial electrical experience – AC & DC motors, drives, demonstrated electrical controls
- Experience with several of the following: compressors, welding, conveyers, gearing, hydraulics, packaging, fabrication, pneumatics, preventive maintenance, and pumps.
- Prior diagnostic, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance experience
- Ensures a safe working environment for self and others while performing assigned tasks
- 18 years or older
- Some experience with mechanical systems, utilizing product manuals, troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns, and reading mechanical drawings.
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with a variety of people, supervisors, employees and departments
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
- Possesses higher level mechanical aptitude with abilities in many of areas of skills such as: basic electrical, compressors, welding, conveyors, gearing, hydraulics, packaging, robotics, PLC, fabrication, pneumatics, pumps, preventative maintenance.
- Experience with mechanical systems, utilizing product manuals, troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns, and reading mechanical drawings.
- Previous experience in feed mills
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check