- Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
- Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Analyzes samples. Performs laboratory tests according to prescribed standards. Tests for nutritional properties of feed and ingredients and pesticides.
- Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results.
- Cleans laboratory equipment.
- Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Assists with the preparation of chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Safe chemical handling
- Move chemicals and transport them to outside chemical storage building
- Sample preparation involving grinding of sample
- May require availability outside of normal business hours.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.