Meyn is a subsidiary of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, offering intelligent, innovative, customized and sustainable solutions in the poultry processing industry. With their vast knowledge, equipment, systems, and services that are available all over the world, Meyn is a trusted business partner for numerous renowned poultry processing companies in over a hundred countries. As the world population continues to grow, global demand for Meyn products will grow accordingly. And, being a team member of Meyn means you can rely on an exciting and challenging career that will provide a meaningful impact on today’s market and tomorrow’s communities – helping to feed a hungry world!
The Meyn Mission: Your success is our goal. Every day, all over the world!
As the Vice President of Service, you will provide visionary planning, strategic leadership and tactical management for Meyn Americas’ Service business, including installation, maintenance and repair of Meyn products and the growth of the service contract base. You must be passionate about customer service with a strong work ethic and experience managing, mentoring and motivating staff.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Develops and implements the strategic plan for Meyn’s Service business including the future deployment of Meyn ConnectTM, Meyn’s intelligent automation and IoT platform – ensuring continued market leadership and profitable growth for the service business.
- Identify customer needs for enhanced service offerings and create up-sell strategies to capture incremental service revenue.
- Proven track record of simultaneously delivering P&L results and Customer Satisfaction (Net Promoter Score)
- Establishes and manages annual action plans and Key Performance Indicators to ensure operational capabilities are continually improving – while managing to budgets.
- Evaluates internal capabilities to recognize new skills needed to recruit, develop, and lead a team that is continuously growing and develops a replicable and scalable model for training and tracking, through measurable data, the performance of service technicians.
- Able to deploy and manage consistent and structured systems, policies, procedures and practices to ensure stable and best in class service delivery that is consistent with company objectives and customer expectations.
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement to ensure optimized, high-quality outcomes for the service department.
- Strong leadership to manage in a matrix environment a growing, geographically diverse team
Education: MBA or Masters in a related field; will consider a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with proven leadership and management expertise.
Experience: 8+ years of progressive service operations and leadership experience within a global mid- to large-size manufacturing organization; Experience with large capital equipment, industrial products, or other similar large revenue products throughout the Americas highly preferred.
- Functional Skills: Excellent strategic-thinking skills with the ability to plan, organize, and implement initiatives; results-oriented with great time-management skills; Strong problem solving skills; Exceptional analytical skills with experience formulizing and leading KPI’s and contingency plans to drive the Service Business; ability to manage P&L expectations.
Technology Aptitude/Skills: Excellent Microsoft Office skillset; Ability to use ERP and other data systems required.
Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills to interact with customers, Project Managers, Technicians, as well as all levels of the organization to lead and facilitate a vision. Conversational Spanish a plus.
Leadership/Behaviors: Natural curiosity to learn the business; understands the art of change management; an innovator with excellent Servant Leadership mentality; Ability to manage and drive change; accountable, independent learner with the ability to listen, network, and influence others in a fast-paced environment.
Culture Match Behaviors: Professional in appearance, assertive/strong influencer to lead changes within diverse departments. Has a “Can Do” attitude and is collaborative and team-oriented to create engagement and enhancements within the related department areas. Also requires someone who is energetic, honest, and possesses high ethical standards; Someone who is hard-working to be successful in this role.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for some bonus programs! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Vice President & General Manager of Meyn Americas
Core Hours: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm; will work 45-50 hours within this time frame
Typical Work Week: M-F; with some weekend trips/hours as needed
Direct Reports: 8 Direct Reports; 65+ Indirect Reports
Work Conditions: Typically, in an office environment, with visits through Operations
Travel: 30% Domestic and International