We are a growing, multi-provider, multi-location, ophthalmic practice in the North Atlanta area seeking a FULL TIME pleasant, energetic, patient friendly Ophthalmic Technician to assist in providing quality eye care. We are willing to train! Shift is between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday and some Saturdays.
As a critical member of our team, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare exam and screening rooms prior to patient’s arrival.
- Obtain and document patient medical information in our electronic health record system.
- Technician skills include detailed history taking, visual acuity, lensometry, refraction, tonometry, confrontational visual fields, pupil assessment, extraocular movements, dominant eye.
- Perform diagnostic testing, Auto-Refractometer, OCT, Fundus Photos, A-scans, B- Scans, HVF. Topos, IOL Master, Cell Check Spec Micro, Goldmann VF.
- Administer topical ophthalmic and oral medications at the direction of the physician.
- Complete requests for prescriptions refills as authorized by physicians, triage patient phone calls, and provide messages appropriately with full documentation in patients charts.
- Inventory and maintain medications and medical supplies.
- Close exam lanes daily, ensuring that equipment is cleaned and disinfected in an appropriate manner, battery-powered instruments are seated properly in recharge wells, slit lamps and computer projectors are shut off and are under covers at end of day.
- Assist with maintenance of clinical examination equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned under the guidance of supervisor.
Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as a neat and professional appearance.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred at least 1 year of specialized ophthalmic or optometric experience but not necessary.
Candidate should have a strong patient interviewing and counseling skill.
JCAHPO Certification a plus but not necessary.
Spanish speaking a plus but not necessary.
Willingness to travel and flexible schedule.
Must be friendly and enjoy working with people. Must be a quick starter, able to work independently, and willing to work with various sub-specialties in a fast-paced environment.
Benefit package includes paid time off, holidays, health & dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, STD, 401K and continuing education support.
Salary will be determined based on current skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ophthalmic Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)